marygraceowens asked: Which would you recommend clinique or bare minerals? Thanks so much!
I (Danielle) have used both brands. In my opinion, I feel that Bare Minerals is over rated. I know a lot of people who swear by it and will not purchase anything else (my stepmom). The products are obviously great quality, but they just are so pricey in my opinion and I also am not a huge fan of mineral makeup. There are some Bare Escentuals products that I do have and really love.
- Mineral Veil Finishing Powder- This stuff is pretty comparable in terms of price to other high end setting powders and it’s wonderful. It’s light, but definitely locks everything in place really well. Definitely gives a flawless finish!
- Prime Time Foundation Primer- I got a sample of this and it was a great primer! A little bit goes a long way, so even the sample lasted me awhile. It evens out your complexion and adds so much smoothness to put your foundation on.
- Pretty Amazing Lipcolor- These are seriously wonderful and remind me a lot of the NYX Soft Creme’s. They wear so well and are so easy to apply. They’re really long lasting and allow for a great application that can be sometimes hard to achieve without a lip liner.
Clinique on the other hand, is one of my favorite higher end brands for makeup and skin care. All of their products are quality. Their counters have really knowledgeable and helpful people to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. I have a lot of favorite products from them, but I’ll share just a few.
- High Impact Mascara + Bottom Lash Mascara- High Impact was the first mascara I ever used when I was in high school and still frequents my makeup drawer today. It’s wonderful. It gives a lot of great volume and boldness. I also love the Bottom Lash Mascara for obviously my bottom lashes. It’s smudge proof and has just the cutest baby brush perfect for getting even the inner corner lashes!
- High Impact Lip Colour- These lipsticks are amazing. They’re so freaking moisturizing and they have SPF 15! Who can beat that for the summer? They’re really smooth and long wearing. They also have so many gorgeous shades.
- Quickliner for Eyes- These eyeliners are one of the only pencil liners I’ll use because I know they work so well! This is a twist up with a smudge tool on the other end to add smokiness to your eye. They last a long time and I never have a problem with these wearing off.
- Quick Blush- These are just the cutest things ever! It’s the most convienent blush ever. It comes in a tube with the brush and the blush right in the cap! It’s perfect to throw in your purse for touch ups to turn your look from day to night without taking up extra space.
I hope this helps to give you an small idea of what’s available from both companies, but ultimately it is up to your preference. Visit a Bare Escentuals store and a Clinique counter and talk to the people that work there about your needs and what products you use. They will give you a better understanding of which is a better fit for certain items for you!
SWAK - Danielle